Wednesday 14 March 2007

Chocolate Mint Stick Pistachio Cookies










Ingredients

  1. 250 g Butter
  2. 1 cup of White Sugar
  3. 6 tablespoons of Milk
  4. 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste
  5. 3 cups of Self Raising Flour
  6. 1 cup of Custard Powder
  7. 100 g of Pistachio Kernels, roughly chopped or bashed
  8. 150 g of Mint Chocolate Sticks chopped

Beat butter and sugar in a mixer until well blended and pale. Add vanilla bean paste and milk and beat well. Fold in sifted flour with a metal spoon, replace bowl and then beat in pistachios and mint chocolate sticks, until just combined. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and place on a lined baking tray. Bake at 200 c for 12-15 Min's or until golden brown. Cool on tray for a minute and then transfer to a cooling rack. Makes about 50 cookies.

We really liked them. Dave especially. Lovely with a glass of full cream milk, which is what I am doing right now while I type this. Hope you like my new combination cookie?

Cheers Amelita

XoxoxoX

1 comment:

theotherbear said...

They look good, I don't know how you find the time.

My hubby is VERY jealous, as I have just shown him your blog, and he saw you have met one of his idols (Rick Stein). One day I will take him to a Rick Stein restaurant, but only if he behaves, so it may never happen.

Thanks for the link :)