- I am a totally messy cook. Without my Dave I would be stuffed. Example above of my true messy style. Also my kitchen is to small. I need a bigger one so I can make even more mess.
- I hate, hate, just hate, any bread over a day old. If it hasn't been baked that day, it's only use to me is either toast or homemade bread crumbs. Coming from a very poor family, I came to appreciate very fresh bread when we had it. I am scarred for life!
- Offal, can't eat it, won't touch it, I run in the other direction, it just gives me the willys and turns my stomach.
- I have turned my children into food snobs. Simply the best is only good enough for them. They are truly food critics and make life impossible for anyone who cooks for them. What have I done? I didn't do it on purpose. Ben is constantly giving me advice on what I should have done and how I can do it better next time. Cheeky monkey!
- I am allergic to Broccoli and Cauliflower, well not really, that's just what I tell everyone because I detest them.
- I love expensive fancy ingredients. Some women have shoes, some women love clothes, I have my oils and weird ingredients. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a Truffle in Townsville? I am just hanging to buy one.
- Lastly, Food is what gives a home a heart, it brings people together, it makes you feel content, it creates fabulous childhood memories or nightmares, it creates comfort and a house that revolves around a kitchen is just satisfying. Food and Family are my life, and my world. I show my family how much I love them by producing meals that everyone enjoys and everyone talks about. I feel like I am giving them my heart and soul when I cook. It is a gift that will keep on giving for the rest of my life.
Sunday, 5 August 2007
The lovely Miss Margot from Coffee & Vanilla had tagged me a while ago to answer 7 Food Facts about myself. Due to the plague in my house I had totally forgotten about it. Sorry Margot. So here it is finally. I would like to tag in turn a couple of my favourite bloggers Uncaring Bear, Little Miss Moi and finally Duncan from Syrup & Tang.