Saturday 23 December 2006

Hollandaise Sauce - So Easy :)










This has to be my all time favourite sauce. It is so simple and can be used so many different ways. Eggs Benedict, as a sandwich spread or just use your imagination. Like in my signature dish. It stores really well in a sterilized jar in the fridge for at least a week. Great to keep on hand if you are trying to nudge a loved one into making brekky in bed ;)


Ingredients
  • 3 tbsp White Vinegar
  • Ground Course Black Pepper
  • 125 grams Melted Butter
  • 6 Large Egg Yolks
  • Good Pinch Salt Flakes
  • 1/2 Lemon Juiced
  • Love

Reduce vinegar with black pepper in a small saucepan until about 1 tablespoon is left. Melt butter and allow to sit for a minute, so that it separates. Place the 6 egg yolks into a clean mixing bowl and whisk together with vinegar, until fluffy. Then pour the melted butter in a thin stream while you continue to keep whisking on high speed. Leave the remaining solids from the butter in the jug. Try not to get to much in the sauce when pouring. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt. Taste for seasoning. I like lots of pepper, so I add more at this stage. Pour into a sterilised jar and your done. So Easy :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amelita...
Thanks for this sauce recipe. Its my daughter Cara's favourite sauce. She goes to her favourite pub with her work friends(shes a naughty teenager) and she always orders a Scoth Fillet steak with hollandaise sauce and chips. She ALWAYS comes home and tells me how much she loves Hollandaise sauce. Soooo...her birthday is coming up and im going to attempt to make it for her as a special birthday dinner!!!! Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Thats meant to read Scotch not Scoth !! LoL Whoops...

Squishy said...

So glad I could inspire you and if you need any help let me know and I will send you a back up jar. But thats only if yours does not work. Which I am totally sure it will. It is so easy!

Anonymous said...

Your just too kind. That would be fab. But you have inspired me enough that i am determined it will be edible! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Love your blog :) How long does your hollandaise last for?

Thanks!

Squishy said...

Hi there to you to,

The hollandaise lasts for a good week or so in a sterilized jar. Thanks for your compliment. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers Amelita

Maja said...

Yeah it doesn´t look to complicated, I will try this week:)