- 600 mls thickened cream
- 1 whole egg & 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 75g butter, not marg, not a substitute, real butter softened
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- And of course a Panettone
- Your favourite jam. I usually use my home made mango, but you are not limited, I have used raspberry, ginger, rosella. All fabulous.
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius . Mix cream, eggs, caster sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a jug. I use a mini whisk, until well combined. Now for the panettone. Turn it on it's side. With a bread knife, slice off the round big knobby bit on the top. Then I turn it around and slice the end crust off the bottom. Then slice the panettone into circle slices about 2cm thick. Then you make them into circle butter and jam sandwiches. Cut sandwiches into wedge shapes. Place them into a baking dish with the pointy ends up. Pour over egg and cream mixture and allow to stand for 10 mins or so. Smear more butter over the tips of the bread. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar. Place in the oven and cook for about 45 mins or until it has set. Just serve simply with thickened cream. Heaven, just Heaven. So Easy :)