Monday 2 April 2007

Chilli Crab Linguine

Look at these bad boys. Mud Crab is truly my favourite seafood. They are so sweet and so luscious and so sexy to eat. The fresh smell of a Mud Crab is intoxicating.
What to do, what to do with these gorgeous bad boys. I want to do something that makes them the stars of the show. Chilli Crab Linguine is an excellent way to show off their talents.
The hardest part about this job is getting the meat out of these very hard shelled crabs.







This is an easy recipe and I always, just get happy, with heaps of chilli in it. But the recipe for you will be a little toned down. I may love to scorch the inside of my tongue and mouth with chilli, but you may not.
Ingredients
  1. 1 Mud Crab, with all the flesh taken out and the shell discarded
  2. 400 grams of Linguine
  3. 2 small Birds Eye Hot Red Chillies, finely chopped
  4. 3 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
  5. 1 large Lemon, juiced
  6. Good Olive Oil
  7. Knob of Butter
  8. Salt Flakes & Pepper to season

So get some water boiling in a very large pot, add a good pinch of salt and add the Linguine. Give it a stir and put the lid on and allow to come back to the boil. As per the instructions on the packet, until aldente. Then simply fry your garlic in a splash of olive oil, knob of butter until bubbling pale and white, add half the chopped chilli and fry for a further two minutes.

Basically, just drain your pasta and toss strait into the fry pan with the garlic and chilli, toss through the mud crab, lemon juice, salt and pepper. To serve, drizzle with good olive oil and extra chopped fresh chilli.

Serves 4. Lovely and really, really easy.

Cheers Amelita


2 comments:

theotherbear said...

Yum :)
I love chilli crab, even though I tone the chilli way down cos I'm a woos like that.

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear amelita. Sorry I've been away for so long! Trip back to Oz was quick and fun. THAT looks delicious. Crab kills, me, I'm simply the worst crab peeler.