Tuesday 13 March 2007

What happened to those Prawns you say?




Well this is what I did with them. I used this Tom Yum Soup paste and I changed it. Like I do when I am using this type of ingredient. Enhance it, I say. So I added a can of Coconut Cream to the directions on the packet in liue of some of the water, plus a tablespoon of fish sauce, a tablespoon of palm sugar, some snow peas and some dried Chinese mushrooms. Topped with some fresh chopped chilli and walla! There you go. Tasted really good. The prawns were lovely and succulent. My mouth was tingling very nicely from the chilli. I love fresh chilli. It was just refreshing and yummy. I love Asian soups. So there ya go that's what happened to those gorgeous prawns my new fisherman friend gave me.
Cheers Amelita

3 comments:

neil said...

I love Tom Yum soup, but I think I like your fresh prawns just as much. I'm just a teensy bit green with envy.

"Grendel" said...

I haven't caught up with your blog for a bit - have now though! Looking great and you are obviously enjoying NQ. I loved it for the four years I had there, the pace is so different and there are so many opportunities to try new things - my advice Take them all!

Squishy said...

Hi Neil, To true, why not have both. It is a very good soup. Tom Yum is the first Thai soup I had and I love it.

Hi Grendel,
I will take them all. Looking for a nice hotel to treat David and I up here to for a romantic weekend. Somewhere in the rainforest I think. So if you know of any please let me know?