Monday 14 July 2014

Peps Pasta

Peps Pasta is a recipe given to me by one of the guys from work. I came in one day to find him eating a very basic pasta that looked delicious & I had to make it! The only difference between my version below & Peps is I felt the need to add chilli & garlic. I love chilli & garlic!


Ingredients
Ricotta Cheese (good quality)
Fresh Spaghetti
Basil (A good handful shredded)
Garlic 2 cloves (chopped finely)
2 Birds Eye Chillis (chopped finely &
de-seeded)
Salt & Pepper
Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A Big Knob of Butter

Bring a big pot of salted water to the boil. Fry off the garlic & chilli in a seperate pan with a big splash of olive oil & the knob of butter seasoned with salt. This is a two minute job. 
 
In a seperate bowl place ricotta, a big splash of olive oil, shredded basil salt & pepper. Mix well. 

 
Boil the fresh pasta till aldente, drain and add to the chilli and garlic. Mix well. Add the ricotta mix & toss together. Taste to season & serve. Simple peasant food at its best! Quick Simple & Easy. 15 minutes & you have Yummy. 


No comments: