Tuesday 16 December 2008

Farm By Nature - Shiraz Chocolate Barrels

Editorial Contest
I was approached via email to enter an editorial contest by Cocoa Farm. In agreeing to join in the fun they sent me a small sample of their product. I have missed the deadline for when the post was supposed to be done by so I would say that means no prize for me, but I have decided to do my post anyway.
What can I say. It is not what I expected and the chocolate in it is unfortunately not what I expect. I like the flavour of the Shiraz but the quality of the chocolate really lets the product down. I like the good stuff, creamy, smooth and just sexy to eat really. If I needed a normal chocoholic fix in the middle of the night and this is what I had in the fridge it would satisfy. I suppose I was expecting a little more from what seems to be packaged as a gourmet and luxurious product.
Suggestions for this product. I would like to see a better quality chocolate for the price. I personally would like to see the chocolate have a syrupy soft centre of a Shiraz in a sort of sweet type of reduction, rather than the vine ripened fruit soaked in Shiraz and even that vine ripened fruit is few and far between. I think a bolder more substantial taste sensation is in order.
The positives. It is an unusual quirky chocolate and I think it would make an interesting gift. It is something different and we are all looking for something a little different. It's a 100% Australian owned, so that is a definate plus. They make a Merlot one that I have seen in Woolworth's also. So if you feel the urge, try it and make up your own mind.
Duncan from Syrup & Tang has also reviewed this chocolate, so pop over and see his review.
Cheers
Squishy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Presentation and spin make one expect something of far higher quality that this tries to deliver.

Squishy said...

I agree, I was really dissapointed with the quality of the chocolate. It reminded me of a basic home brand dark fruit and nut without the nuts. I think investing more in the actual chocolate rather than the packaging would be a good idea. The packaging just sets it up to be something it's not. They asked me for a review and I gave them my honest opinion.

Anonymous said...

They were Really nice mum i loved them but Liesh didnt cause of the red wine in the chocolate. Thats what we think

Squishy said...

Yes Mad, I know you loved them, you love chocolate and Liesh is to young to like red wine anyway. Thankyou for commenting girls. Love you!

Love Mum
XoxoxoX

Ran said...

i think this is the only chocolate actually produced in Oz. if you look into chocolate production, you may find that the local and employees who make it in most parts of the world are exploited, not to mention the environment. So this product does have that advantage.

I agree with you on the taste though ;P